Captain America 2 was just released in the U.S. at midnight on April 4, 2014 and the movie has gotten plenty of rave reviews so far.
Captain America: The Winter Soldier has been one of the year’s most anticipated films and it might actually live up to expectations. The superhero film stars Chris Evans and Scarlett Johansson and it’s directed by brothers Anthony and Joe Russo.
Here is what critics had to say about Captain America 2:
- “Captain America: The Winter Soldier excites, engages and best of all, hangs together for almost all of its nearly 21/2-hour run time.” –Carla Meyer, The Sacramento Bee
- “For what is frustrating about this ‘Captain America’ is that it’s saddled with the defects of its virtues. It’s a product of the highest quality, but at the end of the day that’s what it is: a machine-made, assembly-line product whose strengths tend to feel like items checked off a master list rather than being the result of any kind of individual creative touch.” –Kenneth Turan, Los Angeles Times
- Captain America 2 “is superbly made and well-acted, neatly setting up the next few installments with just the right enticing sense of ongoing mystery.” –Zade Rosenthal, The Washington Post
- Captain America 2 “makes nice use of practical effects, focusing on old-school car chases and pyrotechnics, putting a ‘real-world’ spin on the genre, though it wouldn’t be a true Marvel film without some apocalyptic destruction during the finale where the digital effects are tantamount.” –Justin Craig, Fox News
- Captain America 2 “is the apex achievement of modern comic book-to-movie screen storytelling for a stand-alone character.” –Franco Cruz Mabanta, Twitter
DIS stock is down about 1.3% Friday.
More Super Hero Movie News