Basic materials stocks advanced broadly 0.6% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 1.1% and the S&P 500 rose 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 14.5% today and up 20.3% in the last month.
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is up 3.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Novagold Resources Inc (NG): NG stock is up 3.0% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is up 2.3% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 2.5% to a new 52-week high of $13.54.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kinross Gold Corp (KGC): KGC stock is up 2.2% today.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 2.0% to a new 52-week high of $13.13.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is up 2.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is down 0.6% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is down 1.0% today.
- Sasol Ltd (SSL): SSL stock is down 0.6% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 0.6% today.
- Weyerhaeuser Company (WY): WY stock is down 0.5% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is down 0.6% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 0.4% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 0.3% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.