Basic materials stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.1%, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 increased 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is up 2.7% today.
- Cf Industries Holdings (CF): CF stock is up 2.9% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is up 2.3% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 1.7% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is up 1.3% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 1.4% today.
- Arcelormittal (MT): MT stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is down 1.4% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Carpenter Technology Corp (CRS): CRS stock is down 1.5% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is down 1.0% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 1.0% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is down 0.4% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is down 0.9% today.
- Compania Mina Buenaventura S.A. (BVN): BVN stock is down 0.5% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 0.8% to a new 52-week low of $7.00.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.