Basic materials stocks declined 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Tuesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.4%, the Nasdaq was down 0.3% and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is up 1.1% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is up 1.0% today.
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 0.8% today.
- Eldorado Gold Corp (EGO): EGO stock is up 0.5% today.
- Sherwin-Williams Company (SHW): SHW stock is up 0.8% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is up 0.3% today.
- Lyondellbasell Industries Nv (LYB): LYB stock is up 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is down 2.6% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is down 2.5% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 2.2% today.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is down 2.3% today.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is down 2.3% today.
- Watts Water Technologies (WTS): WTS stock is down 2.5% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 2.2% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is down 2.2% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 2.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.