Basic materials stocks fell broadly on Wall Street so far on Friday, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Barrick Gold Corp (ABX): ABX stock is up 1.5% today.
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is up 1.3% today.
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Encore Wire Corp (WIRE): WIRE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is up 0.9% today.
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 0.8%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Georgia Gulf Corp (AXLL): AXLL stock is up 0.7% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 0.8% today.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 1.0% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 3.5% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 3.5% today.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 3.4% today.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is down 2.9% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 2.9% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is down 2.8% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is down 2.8% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 2.1% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 2.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Commercial Metals Company (CMC): CMC stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.