- Contents: The 3-D printed robot kit will include everything you can’t print including the motors, wires, battery, processor and more at 21stCenturyRobot.com.
- Building the Robot: The hardware designs for the robot will be available online for free but you will need access to a 3-D printer in order to get the basic parts of the robot.
- Customizing: The robot is open source which means you’ll have the freedom to customize your robot. “It’s like a smartphone with legs,” Intel Futurist Brian David Johnson said. “Your robot will be completely different from mine; you customize it and program the artificial intelligence, not by having a PhD in robotics, but by downloading apps.”
- Price: The consumer version of the 3-D printed robot kit will go for about $1,600. A high-tech version of the kit will be equipped with an Intel Core i5 Processor and it will sell for about $16,000.
- Release Date: The consumer version of the kit is slated for a late 2014 release.
INTC stock is up about 0.7% Wednesday.
More 3D-Printing News