Basic materials stocks remained flat on Monday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was unchanged, the Nasdaq remained flat and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is up 4.4% today.
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is up 2.4% today and up 20.8% in the last month.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 2.2%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is up 1.9% today.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 1.7% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is up 2.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Copper & Gold (FCX): FCX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Ashland Inc (ASH): ASH stock is up 1.4% to a new 52-week high of $108.69.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Hudbay Minerals Inc (HBM): HBM stock is down 3.9% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is down 3.3%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Syngenta Ag (SYT): SYT stock is down 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is down 1.8% today.
- Nucor Corp (NUE): NUE stock is down 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 1.1% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 1.1% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is down 0.8% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 0.6% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 0.9% today and down 51.9% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.