Basic materials stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq stayed the same and the S&P 500 was steady.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is up 1.5% today.
- Agrium Inc (AGU): AGU stock is up 1.5% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Green Plains Renewable Energy (GPRE): GPRE stock is up 1.1% today and up 21.7% in the last month.
- Silver Wheaton Corp (SLW): SLW stock is up 1.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Rexnord Corp (RXN): RXN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Cabot Corp (CBT): CBT stock is up 0.9% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is up 0.9% today.
- International Paper Company (IP): IP stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Greif Bros. Corp (GEF.B): GEF.B stock is down 1.5% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 1.4% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 1.4% today.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 1.2% today.
- Mrc Global Inc (MRC): MRC stock is down 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Aptargroup (ATR): ATR stock is down 1.2% today.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is down 1.1% today.
- Scotts Miracle-Gro Company (SMG): SMG stock is down 1.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Worthington Industries (WOR): WOR stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.