Utilities stocks rose broadly on Wall Street so far on Wednesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed level, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 stayed level.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is up 2.7% today.
- Clean Energy Fuels (CLNE): CLNE stock is up 1.9% today.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is up 2.4% today.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is up 1.8% today.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is up 1.6% today.
- Enterprise Products Partners L.P. (EPD): EPD stock is up 1.4% to $77.18, near the 52-week high of $77.06.
- Cheniere Energy (LNG): LNG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is down 1.0% today.
- Dynegy Inc (DYN): DYN stock is down 0.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 1.0% today.
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is down 0.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is down 0.5% today.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (KMP): KMP stock is down 0.1% today.
- Cheniere Energy Partners LP (CQP): CQP stock is down 0.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- El Paso Electric Company (EE): EE stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.