Utilities stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq stayed consistent and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- California Water Service Group Holding (CWT): CWT stock is up 1.4% today.
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 0.8% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 0.6% today.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (KMP): KMP stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 3.6% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is down 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Allete Inc (ALE): ALE stock is down 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Itc Holdings (ITC): ITC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Great Plains Energy Inc (GXP): GXP stock is down 1.5% today.
- Idacorp Inc (IDA): IDA stock is down 1.5% today.
- Alliant Energy Corp (LNT): LNT stock is down 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Hawaiian Electric Industries (HE): HE stock is down 1.4% today.
- Dominion Resources (D): D stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mge Energy Inc (MGEE): MGEE stock is down 1.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.