Basic materials stocks remained flat so far on Tuesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.1%, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is up 4.7% today.
- Crane Company (CR): CR stock is up 4.0% today.
- Aluminum Corporation of China Ltd (ACH): ACH stock is up 3.0% today and up 35.1% in the last month.
- E.I. Du Pont De Nemours and Company (DD): DD stock is up 1.4% today.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Balchem Corp (BCPC): BCPC stock is up 1.1% today.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is up 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Teck Resources Ltd (TCK): TCK stock is up 0.9% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is down 6.3% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is down 5.9% today.
- Plum Creek Timber Company (PCL): PCL stock is down 3.6% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is down 2.3% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is down 2.0% today.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is down 1.9% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is down 1.3% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is down 1.0% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.