Basic materials stocks remained flat so far on Friday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.3%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.3% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is up 8.0% today.
- Cytec Industries Inc (CYT): CYT stock is up 4.7% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is up 2.1% today.
- United States Steel Corp (X): X stock is up 2.0% today.
- AK Steel Holding Corp (AKS): AKS stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Crown Cork & Seal Company (CCK): CCK stock is up 1.3% today.
- Parker-Hannifin Corp (PH): PH stock is up 1.2% today.
- Terra Nitrogen Company L.P. (TNH): TNH stock is up 1.1% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 1.2% today.
- Packaging Corporation of America (PKG): PKG stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is down 2.5% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 2.6% today.
- Hecla Mining Company (HL): HL stock is down 2.4% today.
- First Majestic Silver (AG): AG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 2.1% today.
- Iamgold Corp (IAG): IAG stock is down 2.3% today.
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is down 2.0% today.
- Newmont Mining Corp (NEM): NEM stock is down 1.7% today.
- New Gold Inc (NGD): NGD stock is down 1.9% today.
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is down 1.9% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.