Utilities stocks finished up 1.3% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.5%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.5% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Boardwalk Pipeline Partners L.P. (BWP): BWP stock is up 2.2%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Wisconsin Energy Corp (WEC): WEC stock is up 2.1% today.
- Ormat Technologies (ORA): ORA stock is up 2.0% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pacific Gas & Electric Co. (PCG): PCG stock is up 1.7% today.
- Integrys Energy Group (TEG): TEG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Public Service Enterprise Group Inc (PEG): PEG stock is up 1.6% today.
- Calpine Corp (CPN): CPN stock is up 1.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- PNM Resources Inc (PNM): PNM stock is up 1.5% today.
- Scana Corp (SCG): SCG stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Abengoa Yield Plc (ABY): ABY stock is down 1.4% today.
- American States Water Company (AWR): AWR stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.