Energy stocks advanced broadly 0.5% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.6%, the Nasdaq rose 0.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.6%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is up 3.6% to a new 52-week high of $28.46.
- Arch Coal (ACI): ACI stock is up 2.5% today.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is up 2.4% today.
- Goodrich Petroleum Corp (GDP): GDP stock is up 2.2% today and up 70.6% in the last month.
- Magnum Hunter Resources Corp (MHR): MHR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Western Refining (WNR): WNR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is up 2.0% today.
- Hollyfrontier Corp (HFC): HFC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Encana Corp (ECA): ECA stock is up 1.5% to a new 52-week high of $22.97.
- Key Energy Services (KEG): KEG stock is up 2.2% today and up 21.9% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is down 3.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is down 3.3% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is down 2.1% today.
- Cnooc Limited (CEO): CEO stock is down 2.0% today.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR): PBR stock is down 0.9% today and down 34.0% in the last month.
- Petroleo Brasileiro S.A.- Petrobras (PBR.A): PBR.A stock is down 0.6% today and down 33.8% in the last month.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Nustar Energy L.P. (NS): NS stock is down 0.5% today.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is down 0.4% today and down 36.9% in the last month.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.