Energy stocks advanced 0.2% on Wall Street on Thursday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq was up 0.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is up 11.3% today.
- Nabors Industries (NBR): NBR stock is up 3.4% today.
- Hess Corp (HES): HES stock is up 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Pdc Energy Inc (PDCE): PDCE stock is up 2.2% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 1.9%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bristow Group Inc (BRS): BRS stock is up 2.3% today.
- Petrochina Company Limited (PTR): PTR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Exco Resources NL (XCO): XCO stock is up 1.3% today.
- Stone Energy Corp (SGY): SGY stock is up 0.9% today.
- Patterson-Uti Energy (PTEN): PTEN stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is down 4.3% today.
- Compagnie Generale De Gephysqu (CGG): CGG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Cameron International Corp (CAM): CAM stock is down 1.3% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is down 0.5% today.
- Nustar Gp Holdings Llc (NSH): NSH stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bill Barrett Corp (BBG): BBG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is down 0.5% today.
- Tidewater Inc (TDW): TDW stock is down 0.9% today.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 0.9% today.
- Global Partners LP (GLP): GLP stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.