Healthcare stocks advanced 0.7% on Wall Street so far on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.7%, the Nasdaq pushed 1.2% higher and the S&P 500 rose 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Seattle Genetics (SGEN): SGEN stock is up 8.1% today.
- Clovis Oncology Inc (CLVS): CLVS stock is up 6.7% today.
- Neurocrine Biosciences (NBIX): NBIX stock is up 3.4% today.
- Masimo Corp (MASI): MASI stock is up 4.4% today.
- Sarepta Therapeutics Inc (SRPT): SRPT stock is up 3.1% today and up 42.3% in the last month.
- Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc (LGND): LGND stock is up 2.9% today.
- Keryx Biopharmaceuticals (KERX): KERX stock is up 3.3% today.
- Thoratec Corp (THOR): THOR stock is up 3.5% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 4.1% today.
- Acadia Pharmaceuticals Inc (ACAD): ACAD stock is up 3.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Arena Pharmaceuticals (ARNA): ARNA stock is down 1.7% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is down 0.5%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Myriad Genetics (MYGN): MYGN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Johnson & Johnson (JNJ): JNJ stock is down 0.3% today.
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is down 0.3% today and down 37.9% in the last month.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.