Technology stocks advanced broadly on Wall Street on Monday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.7%, the Nasdaq rose 1.2% and the S&P 500 was up 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- 21Vianet Group Inc (VNET): VNET stock is up 8.2% today.
- Logitech International S.A. (LOGI): LOGI stock is up 6.4% today.
- Bitauto Holdings Limited (BITA): BITA stock is up 5.7% today.
- Alcatel Lucent (ALU): ALU stock is up 6.0% today.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is up 5.1% today.
- Mitel Networks Corp (MITL): MITL stock is up 5.0% today and up 24.7% in the last month.
- Verifone Systems (PAY): PAY stock is up 3.9% today.
- Athenahealth (ATHN): ATHN stock is up 4.9% today.
- Sunedison Inc (SUNE): SUNE stock is up 4.1% today.
- Himax Technologies (HIMX): HIMX stock is up 4.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Ubiquiti Networks Inc (UBNT): UBNT stock is down 1.8% today.
- Gt Advanced Technologies Inc (GTAT): GTAT stock is down 1.1%, marking the seventh consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Au Optronics Corp (AUO): AUO stock is down 1.6% today.
- Siliconware Precision Industries Company Ltd (SPIL): SPIL stock is down 1.1% today.
- Nidec Corp (NJ): NJ stock is down 0.7% to a new 52-week low of $13.77.
- Electronic Arts Inc (EA): EA stock is down 0.6% today and down 28.2% in the last month.
- Seagate Technology. (STX): STX stock is down 0.4% today.
- Internet Initiative Japan (IIJI): IIJI stock is down 0.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing (TSM): TSM stock is down 0.3% today.
- Computer Sciences Corp (CSC): CSC stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.