Basic materials stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.0%, the Nasdaq increased 1.6% and the S&P 500 rose 1.0%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- A. Schulman (SHLM): SHLM stock is up 2.2% today.
- Mueller Water Products (MWA): MWA stock is up 2.2% today.
- Simpson Manufacturing Company (SSD): SSD stock is up 2.2% today.
- Chemtura Corp (CHMT): CHMT stock is up 2.1% today.
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 2.1% today.
- Intrepid Potash Inc (IPI): IPI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Westlake Chemical Corp (WLK): WLK stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Innophos Holdings (IPHS): IPHS stock is up 1.9% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is up 1.9% today.
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 2.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Celanese Corp (CE): CE stock is down 1.1% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 0.9% today.
- Dominion Diamond Corp (DDC): DDC stock is down 0.8% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 0.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 0.6% today.
- Airgas Inc (ARG): ARG stock is down 0.4% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Copper & Gold (FCX): FCX stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.