Financial stocks declined broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.6%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.5%, the Nasdaq declined 0.4% and the S&P 500 fell 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- United Community Banks (UCBI): UCBI stock is up 4.2% today.
- Validus Holdings (VR): VR stock is up 1.4% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Reinsurance Group of America Inc (RGA): RGA stock is up 1.1% today.
- Viewpoint Financial Group (VPFG): VPFG stock is up 1.1% today.
- TCF Financial Corp (TCB): TCB stock is up 1.1% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 1.1% today.
- First Republic Bank (FRC): FRC stock is up 1.1% today.
- Bancorpsouth Inc (BXS): BXS stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is down 3.0% today.
- Marsh & Mclennan Companies (MMC): MMC stock is down 2.4% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 2.3% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is down 2.2% today.
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (AJG): AJG stock is down 2.1% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 2.1% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is down 2.1% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 2.0% today.
- Enstar Group Limited (ESGR): ESGR stock is down 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- American International Group (AIG): AIG stock is down 1.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.