Basic materials stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.5%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was steady, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 stayed consistent.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Graphic Packaging Holding Company (GPK): GPK stock is up 1.0% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 0.9% today.
- Curtiss-Wright Corp (CW): CW stock is up 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Precision Castparts Corp (PCP): PCP stock is up 0.7% today.
- Actuant Corp (ATU): ATU stock is up 0.6% today.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is up 0.6% today.
- Kaiser Aluminum Corp (KALU): KALU stock is up 0.6% today.
- Enpro Industries (NPO): NPO stock is up 0.6% today.
- RBC Bearings Inc (ROLL): ROLL stock is up 0.4% today.
- Praxair (PX): PX stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Allegheny Technologies Inc (ATI): ATI stock is down 3.3%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sociedad Quimica Y Minera S.A. (SQM): SQM stock is down 3.1% today.
- Owens-Illinois (OI): OI stock is down 2.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is down 2.2% today.
- Valhi Inc (VHI): VHI stock is down 2.1% today.
- DOW Chemical Company (DOW): DOW stock is down 1.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- W.R. Grace & Company (GRA): GRA stock is down 1.8% today.
- Polyone Corp (POL): POL stock is down 1.6% today.
- Goldcorp Inc (GG): GG stock is down 1.6% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 1.5% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.