Financial stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.4%, the Nasdaq was up 0.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.4% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 2.6% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 2.4% today and up 29.5% in the last month.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 1.9% today and up 35.8% in the last month.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is up 1.8% today.
- The Blackstone Group L.P. (BX): BX stock is up 1.7%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc (BAM): BAM stock is up 1.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Oaktree Capital Group Llc (OAK): OAK stock is up 1.7% today.
- Morgan Stanley (MS): MS stock is up 1.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- General Electric Company (GE): GE stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- First Republic Bank (FRC): FRC stock is down 15.1% today on 9 times normal volume.
- New York Community Bancorp (NYCB): NYCB stock is down 3.3% today on 5 times normal volume.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is down 2.5% today.
- Aspen Insurance Holdings (AHL): AHL stock is down 2.3% today.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is down 2.3% today and down 50.0% in the last month.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is down 2.2% today.
- Westamerica Bancorporation (WABC): WABC stock is down 2.2% today.
- Health Net Inc (HNT): HNT stock is down 2.2% today.
- Community Bank System (CBU): CBU stock is down 2.0% today.
- Signature Bank (SBNY): SBNY stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.