Healthcare stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.4% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.6% and the S&P 500 rose 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Aegerion Pharmaceuticals (AEGR): AEGR stock is up 13.9%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (REGN): REGN stock is up 9.8% today.
- Examworks Group (EXAM): EXAM stock is up 9.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Edwards Lifesciences Corp (EW): EW stock is up 9.6% today.
- Icon Plc (ICLR): ICLR stock is up 6.8% today.
- Amgen Inc (AMGN): AMGN stock is up 5.8% today.
- Hospira Inc (HSP): HSP stock is up 4.2% today.
- Teleflex Inc (TFX): TFX stock is up 4.1% today.
- Express Scripts (ESRX): ESRX stock is up 4.2% today.
- Exact Sciences Corp (EXAS): EXAS stock is up 2.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Acadia Healthcare Company Inc (ACHC): ACHC stock is down 4.6% today.
- Impax Laboratories (IPXL): IPXL stock is down 2.8% today and down 21.1% in the last month.
- Pfizer Inc (PFE): PFE stock is down 1.9% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 2.0% today.
- Centene Corp (CNC): CNC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Qiagen N.V. (QGEN): QGEN stock is down 1.5% today.
- Luxottica Group S.P.A. (LUX): LUX stock is down 1.3% today.
- Ariad Pharmaceuticals (ARIA): ARIA stock is down 1.1% today.
- Smith & Nephew Snats (SNN): SNN stock is down 0.9% today.
- Magellan Health Services (MGLN): MGLN stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.