Basic materials stocks remained flat so far on Wednesday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq declined 0.1% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Gold Fields Ltd (GFI): GFI stock is up 2.4% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 2.4% today.
- Freeport-Mcmoran Inc. (FCX): FCX stock is up 1.7% today.
- Bhp Billiton Limited (BHP): BHP stock is up 1.5% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 1.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Bhp Billiton Plc (BBL): BBL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 1.1%, marking the eighth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Alcoa Inc (AA): AA stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 1.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Raven Industries (RAVN): RAVN stock is down 6.3% today.
- Glatfelter (GLT): GLT stock is down 1.9% today.
- Cvr Partners LP Common Units R (UAN): UAN stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Clearwater Paper Corp (CLW): CLW stock is down 1.3% today.
- Stillwater Mining Company (SWC): SWC stock is down 1.3% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is down 1.3% today.
- Domtar Corp (UFS): UFS stock is down 1.2% today.
- Kapstone Paper and Packaging Corp (KS): KS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Schweitzer-Mauduit International (SWM): SWM stock is down 1.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.