Energy stocks rose 0.5% on Wall Street on Wednesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.4%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.5% higher and the S&P 500 increased 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Yanzhou Coal Mining Company (YZC): YZC stock is up 4.2% today.
- Synergy Resources Cp (SYRG): SYRG stock is up 2.9% today.
- Comstock Resources (CRK): CRK stock is up 2.3% today.
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is up 1.9% today.
- Basic Energy Services (BAS): BAS stock is up 2.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is up 1.9% today.
- Matador Resources Company (MTDR): MTDR stock is up 2.2% today.
- China Petroleum & Chemical Corp (SNP): SNP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is up 1.2% today.
- Oiltanking Partners L.P. (OILT): OILT stock is up 1.4%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Interoil Corp (IOC): IOC stock is down 1.1% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is down 1.2% today.
- Kinder Morgan Management Llc (KMR): KMR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell Plc (RDS.A): RDS.A stock is down 1.0% today.
- Ultra Petroleum (UPL): UPL stock is down 0.8% today.
- Cvr Energy Inc (CVI): CVI stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Cabot Oil & Gas Corp (COG): COG stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is down 0.6% today.
- Questar Corp (STR): STR stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.