Financial stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street on Wednesday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 0.7%, the Nasdaq increased 1.1% and the S&P 500 pushed 0.7% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- MBIA Inc (MBI): MBI stock is up 4.4% today.
- First Bancorp (FBP): FBP stock is up 3.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Global Payments Inc (GPN): GPN stock is up 2.3% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is up 2.2% today.
- Synovus Financial Corp (SNV): SNV stock is up 2.1% today.
- Assured Guaranty Ltd (AGO): AGO stock is up 2.0% today.
- Main Street Capital Corp (MAIN): MAIN stock is up 2.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is up 1.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 1.9% today.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Kayne Anderson Energy Total Return Fund (KYE): KYE stock is down 1.1% today.
- Flagstar Bancorp (FBC): FBC stock is down 0.9% today.
- Union First Market Bankshares Corp (UBSH): UBSH stock is down 0.8% today.
- Seventy Seven Energy Inc. (SSE): SSE stock is down 0.8% today.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is down 0.7% today.
- KB Financial Group Inc (KB): KB stock is down 0.6% today.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is down 0.6% today.
- BankUnited Inc. (BKU): BKU stock is down 0.5% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is down 0.5% today.
- Gabelli Dividend (GDV): GDV stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.