Healthcare stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average climbed 0.7%, the Nasdaq was up 0.7% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Alnylam Pharmaceuticals (ALNY): ALNY stock is up 4.2% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is up 3.4% today.
- Incyte Corp (INCY): INCY stock is up 2.8% today.
- Heartware International (HTWR): HTWR stock is up 2.1% today.
- Cantel Medical (CMN): CMN stock is up 2.0% today.
- Steris Corp (STE): STE stock is up 1.9% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is up 1.9% today.
- Questcor Pharmaceuticals (QCOR): QCOR stock is up 1.8% today.
- Tornier N.V. (TRNX): TRNX stock is up 1.8% today.
- Varian Medical Systems (VAR): VAR stock is up 1.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International (VRX): VRX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Allergan Inc (AGN): AGN stock is down 1.2% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is down 1.1% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is down 1.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Patterson Companies Inc (PDCO): PDCO stock is down 0.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- China Biologic Products (CBPO): CBPO stock is down 0.7% today.
- Pacira Pharmaceuticals (PCRX): PCRX stock is down 0.6% today.
- Charles River Laboratories Intl (CRL): CRL stock is down 0.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Henry Schein (HSIC): HSIC stock is down 0.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.