The Facebook Messenger app is now required for many users to message back and forth between each other on their smartphones. The Messenger app has reached the top spot for a free app in Apple’s (AAPL) and Google’s (GOOG) app stores. However, both versions of the app are filled with negative reviews due to the forced switch from the normal app, reports WXYZ.
- “This takes up way too much space. My phone can barely run with it. Forcing us to use the app sucks.”
- “I don’t understand why I have to use this app. I already have low storage and had to erase games and other apps just to have this installed.”
- “I absolutely refuse to download another app just so I can chat on Facebook with my phone. I would rather just not send and receive messages at all.”
- “I’m starting to hate using Facebook more and more. I’m honestly starting to think about finding alternative ways to talk to my friends.”
Users who don’t want to download the Facebook Messenger app also have the option of using their smartphoness web browser to access the social media website. This will still allow users to send messages and doesn’t require downloading an additional app. However, visiting the website doesn’t alert users to notifications through their phones.
More Facebook (FB) News
- FB Malware Alert: Beware the Facebook Color Change Scam
- FB News: Facebook Tests New ‘Buy’ Button
- FB News: Facebook Brings Free Internet to Zambia