Consumer noncyclical stocks rose 0.6% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.8%, the Nasdaq was up 0.8% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- United Natural Foods (UNFI): UNFI stock is up 2.0% today.
- Universal Corp (UVV): UVV stock is up 1.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- United Stationers Inc (USTR): USTR stock is up 1.4% today.
- The Whitewave Foods Company (WWAV): WWAV stock is up 1.4% today.
- Dean Foods Company (DF): DF stock is up 1.4%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Reynolds American Inc (RAI): RAI stock is up 1.2% today.
- Coca-Cola Company (KO): KO stock is up 1.1% today.
- Avon Products (AVP): AVP stock is up 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- British American Tobacco Industries (BTI): BTI stock is up 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Kimberly-Clark Corp (KMB): KMB stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Post Holdings Inc. (POST): POST stock is down 1.2% today.
- Embotell Andina Sa A (AKO.A): AKO.A stock is down 0.9% today.
- Herbalife Ltd (HLF): HLF stock is down 0.8% today and down 24.4% in the last month.
- Tootsie Roll Industries (TR): TR stock is down 0.2% today.
- Tyson Foods (TSN): TSN stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.