Energy stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.2% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.7% and the S&P 500 increased 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Halcon Resources (HK): HK stock is up 4.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Stone Energy Corp (SGY): SGY stock is up 4.1% today.
- Cobalt International Energy (CIE): CIE stock is up 4.0% today.
- Continental Resources (CLR): CLR stock is up 3.8% today.
- Energy Xxi [Bermuda] Limited (EXXI): EXXI stock is up 3.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Cimarex Energy Co (XEC): XEC stock is up 3.5% today.
- Legacy Reserves LP (LGCY): LGCY stock is up 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ev Energy Partners L.P. (EVEP): EVEP stock is up 3.1% today.
- Rosetta Resources Inc (ROSE): ROSE stock is up 2.9% today.
- Kodiak Oil (KOG): KOG stock is up 2.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Natural Resource Partners LP (NRP): NRP stock is down 1.7% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is down 1.0% today.
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is down 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Crestwood Equity Partners LP (CEQP): CEQP stock is down 0.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is down 0.5% today.
- Rose Rock Midstream L.P. (RRMS): RRMS stock is down 0.3% today.
- Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.B): RDS.B stock is down 0.3% today.
- Diamond Offshore Drilling (DO): DO stock is down 0.2%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is down 0.2% today.
- IHS Inc (IHS): IHS stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.