Consumer noncyclical stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.8% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.9% and the S&P 500 rose 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP): TAP stock is up 1.9% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Mead Johnson Nutrition Company (MJN): MJN stock is up 1.7% today.
- Hormel Foods Corp (HRL): HRL stock is up 1.5% today.
- Archer-Daniels-Midland Company (ADM): ADM stock is up 1.4% today.
- Vector Group Ltd (VGR): VGR stock is up 1.2% today.
- J.M. Smucker Company (SJM): SJM stock is up 1.1% today.
- Colgate-Palmolive Company (CL): CL stock is up 1.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gruma S.A. De C.V. (GMK): GMK stock is up 0.9% today.
- Lorillard Inc (LO): LO stock is up 0.9% today.
- Ecolab Inc (ECL): ECL stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among consumer noncyclical stocks include:
- Post Holdings Inc. (POST): POST stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Industrias Bachoco S.A. De C.V. (IBA): IBA stock is down 0.9% today.
- Diageo Plc (DEO): DEO stock is down 0.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.