Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.4%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was up 0.8%, the Nasdaq rose 0.9% and the S&P 500 climbed 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is up 5.3% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is up 2.3% today.
- Mastercard Inc (MA): MA stock is up 1.8% today.
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is up 1.6% today.
- Calamos Strategic Total Return Fund (CSQ): CSQ stock is up 1.5% today.
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc (BAM): BAM stock is up 1.3% today.
- Fleetcor Technologies (FLT): FLT stock is up 1.3% today.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is up 1.3% today.
- Visa Inc (V): V stock is up 1.2% today.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Advantaged Global Dividend (ETG): ETG stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Columbia Banking System (COLB): COLB stock is down 1.6% today.
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 1.5% today.
- Viewpoint Financial Group (VPFG): VPFG stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- National Penn Bancshares (NPBC): NPBC stock is down 1.4% today.
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI): GBCI stock is down 1.3% today.
- First Midwest Bancorp (FMBI): FMBI stock is down 1.3% today.
- Signature Bank (SBNY): SBNY stock is down 1.3% today.
- East West Bancorp (EWBC): EWBC stock is down 1.3% today.
- MB Financial Inc (MBFI): MBFI stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.