Financial stocks declined 0.7% on Wall Street on Monday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.8%, the Nasdaq declined 0.9% and the S&P 500 was down 0.8%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 1.2% today.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is up 0.5% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Central Fund of Canada (CEF): CEF stock is up 0.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is up 0.3% today.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is up 0.3% today.
- Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. (ASPS): ASPS stock is up 0.3% today.
- Aflac Incorporated (AFL): AFL stock is up 0.2% today.
- Axis Capital Holdings (AXS): AXS stock is up 0.2% today.
- Arch Capital Group Ltd (ACGL): ACGL stock is up 0.2%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Svb Financial Group (SIVB): SIVB stock is down 2.3% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 2.3% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is down 2.3% today.
- Umpqua Holdings Corp (UMPQ): UMPQ stock is down 2.2% today.
- Viewpoint Financial Group (VPFG): VPFG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Virtus Investment Partners (VRTS): VRTS stock is down 2.2% today and down 24.0% in the last month.
- Glacier Bancorp (GBCI): GBCI stock is down 2.1% today.
- Bofi Holding (BOFI): BOFI stock is down 2.1% today.
- Pacwest Bancorp (PACW): PACW stock is down 2.1% today.
- Apollo Investment Corp (AINV): AINV stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.