Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 rose 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is up 2.2% today.
- Firstmerit Corp (FMER): FMER stock is up 2.1% today.
- Bank of The Ozarks (OZRK): OZRK stock is up 2.0% today.
- Viewpoint Financial Group (VPFG): VPFG stock is up 1.8% today.
- Bgc Partners (BGCP): BGCP stock is up 1.7% today.
- Susquehanna Bancshares (SUSQ): SUSQ stock is up 1.6% today.
- Union First Market Bankshares Corp (UBSH): UBSH stock is up 1.5% today.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is up 1.4% today.
- BankUnited Inc. (BKU): BKU stock is up 1.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is down 2.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Mastercard Inc (MA): MA stock is down 1.3% today.
- Genworth Financial Inc (GNW): GNW stock is down 1.3% today.
- Euronet Worldwide (EEFT): EEFT stock is down 1.3% today.
- Banco Santander-Chile Ads (BSAC): BSAC stock is down 1.2% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is down 1.2% today.
- Balckrock Build America Trust (BBN): BBN stock is down 1.2%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Sun Life Financial Inc (SLF): SLF stock is down 1.1% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is down 1.1% today.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is down 1.1%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.