Basic materials stocks remained flat on Friday morning on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.3%, the Nasdaq fell 0.3% and the S&P 500 was down 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Cliffs Natural Resources Inc (CLF): CLF stock is up 2.3% today.
- Polypore International Inc (PPO): PPO stock is up 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Anglogold Ashanti Ltd (AU): AU stock is up 1.7% today.
- Pohang Iron & Steel Co. (PKX): PKX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Methanex Corp (MEOH): MEOH stock is up 1.3% today.
- Eastman Chemical Company (EMN): EMN stock is up 1.2% today.
- Cameco Corp (CCJ): CCJ stock is up 1.0% today.
- Sinopec Shangai Petrochemical Company Ltd (SHI): SHI stock is up 1.0% today.
- Century Aluminum Company (CENX): CENX stock is up 0.7% today and up 29.4% in the last month.
- Globe Specialty Metals Inc (GSM): GSM stock is up 0.7% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is down 2.4% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is down 2.3% today.
- Harmony Gold Mining Co. Ltd (HMY): HMY stock is down 2.2% today.
- Vale S.A. (VALE): VALE stock is down 2.3% today.
- National Steel Corp (SID): SID stock is down 2.2% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is down 2.5% today.
- Sun Hydraulics Corp (SNHY): SNHY stock is down 1.6% today.
- Kronos Worldwide Inc (KRO): KRO stock is down 1.4% today.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is down 1.7%, marking the sixth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Trex Company (TREX): TREX stock is down 1.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.