Energy stocks finished down broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall decline of 1.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 0.3%, the Nasdaq was up 0.1% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is up 3.5% today.
- Targa Resources Partners LP (NGLS): NGLS stock is up 2.9% today.
- Ross Group Plc (RGP): RGP stock is up 2.3% today.
- Atlas Pipeline Partners L.P. (APL): APL stock is up 2.0% today.
- Magellan Midstream Partners L.P. (MMP): MMP stock is up 1.9% today.
- Buckeye Partners L.P. (BPL): BPL stock is up 1.8% today.
- Consol Energy Inc (CNX): CNX stock is up 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Plains All American Pipeline L.P. (PAA): PAA stock is up 0.7% today.
- Sunoco Logistics Partners LP (SXL): SXL stock is up 0.5% today.
- Marathon Petroleum Corp (MPC): MPC stock is up 0.4% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- McDermott International (MDR): MDR stock is down 4.8% today.
- Newfield Exploration Company (NFX): NFX stock is down 4.2% today.
- Gulfport Energy Corp (GPOR): GPOR stock is down 3.7% today.
- Concho Resources Inc (CXO): CXO stock is down 3.6% today.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 3.5% today.
- Kodiak Oil (KOG): KOG stock is down 3.5% today.
- Whiting Petroleum Corp (WLL): WLL stock is down 3.4% today.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is down 3.3% today.
- Precision Drilling Corp (PDS): PDS stock is down 3.1% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is down 3.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.