Financial stocks finished down on Wall Street today, down 0.2%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.3%, the Nasdaq rose 0.1% and the S&P 500 declined 0.3%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is up 2.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 2.0% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 1.3% today.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is up 1.3% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 1.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is up 1.2% today.
- General Electric Company (GE): GE stock is up 1.0% today.
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is up 0.9% today.
- Arthur J. Gallagher & Co. (AJG): AJG stock is up 0.8% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is up 0.8% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Cvb Financial Corp (CVBF): CVBF stock is down 1.9% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 1.9% today.
- Home Bancshares (HOMB): HOMB stock is down 1.8%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Stifel Financial Corp (SF): SF stock is down 1.7% today.
- American Equity Investment Life (AEL): AEL stock is down 1.8% today.
- Cathay General Bancorp (CATY): CATY stock is down 1.7% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is down 1.7% today.
- Selective Insurance Group (SIGI): SIGI stock is down 1.7% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 1.6% today.
- MB Financial Inc (MBFI): MBFI stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.