Healthcare stocks rose 0.1% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.2%, the Nasdaq climbed 0.4% and the S&P 500 was up 0.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Shire Plc American Depositary Shares (SHPG): SHPG stock is up 2.6% today.
- Celldex Therapeutics Inc (CLDX): CLDX stock is up 2.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Covidien Plc. (COV): COV stock is up 2.0% today.
- NPS Pharmaceuticals (NPSP): NPSP stock is up 2.0% today.
- Anacor Pharmaceuticals (ANAC): ANAC stock is up 1.4% today.
- Mwi Veterinary Supply (MWIV): MWIV stock is up 1.4% today.
- Baxter International Inc (BAX): BAX stock is up 1.3% today.
- Bluebird Bio Inc (BLUE): BLUE stock is up 1.2% today.
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 1.1% today.
- Insulet Corp (PODD): PODD stock is up 1.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Puma Biotechnology (PBYI): PBYI stock is down 5.7% today.
- Halozyme Therapeutics (HALO): HALO stock is down 1.7% today.
- Dr. Reddy’s Laboratories Ltd (RDY): RDY stock is down 1.4% today.
- Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD): IRWD stock is down 0.8% today.
- Mannkind Corp (MNKD): MNKD stock is down 1.1% today.
- Horizon Pharma Inc (HZNP): HZNP stock is down 0.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is down 0.8% today.
- Charles River Laboratories Intl (CRL): CRL stock is down 0.7% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.