Healthcare stocks fell 0.2% on Wall Street on Friday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average remained flat, the Nasdaq stayed level and the S&P 500 stayed the same.
Some of the biggest gainers among healthcare stocks include:
- Vertex Pharmaceuticals Inc (VRTX): VRTX stock is up 4.3% today.
- Hca Holdings Inc. Common Stock (HCA): HCA stock is up 2.0% today.
- Bluebird Bio Inc (BLUE): BLUE stock is up 1.6% today.
- Community Health Systems (CYH): CYH stock is up 1.4% today.
- Kindred Healthcare (KND): KND stock is up 1.1% today.
- Tenet Healthcare Corp (THC): THC stock is up 1.3% today.
- Lannett Co Inc (LCI): LCI stock is up 1.2% today.
- Healthsouth Corp (HLS): HLS stock is up 1.1% today.
- Merck & Company (MRK): MRK stock is up 0.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among healthcare stocks include:
- Achillion Pharmaceuticals (ACHN): ACHN stock is down 7.1% today.
- Gilead Sciences (GILD): GILD stock is down 2.9% today.
- Biogen Idec Inc (BIIB): BIIB stock is down 1.9% today.
- Theravance (THRX): THRX stock is down 1.3%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Glaxosmithkline Plc (GSK): GSK stock is down 1.2% today.
- Isis Pharmaceuticals (ISIS): ISIS stock is down 1.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Acorda Therapeutics (ACOR): ACOR stock is down 1.1% today.
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (ALXN): ALXN stock is down 1.1% today.
- Cooper Companies (COO): COO stock is down 0.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- United Therapeutics Corp (UTHR): UTHR stock is down 1.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.