Energy stocks rose 2.0% on Wall Street on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.1%, the Nasdaq increased 1.4% and the S&P 500 pushed 1.1% higher.
Some of the biggest gainers among energy stocks include:
- Alon USA Energy (ALJ): ALJ stock is up 5.4% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Carrizo Oil & Gas (CRZO): CRZO stock is up 4.5% today.
- Bonanza Creek Energy Inc (BCEI): BCEI stock is up 4.5% today.
- Petrobras Argentina S.A. (PZE): PZE stock is up 4.5%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Clayton Williams Energy (CWEI): CWEI stock is up 3.7% today.
- Laredo Petroleum Holdings Inc (LPI): LPI stock is up 4.0% today.
- Qep Resources (QEP): QEP stock is up 3.9% today.
- Alliance Resource Partners L.P. (ARLP): ARLP stock is up 3.8% today.
- C&J Energy Services Inc (CJES): CJES stock is up 3.6% today.
- Sm Energy Company (SM): SM stock is up 3.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among energy stocks include:
- Pacific Drilling S.A. (PACD): PACD stock is down 1.9% today.
- Enbridge Energy L.P. (EEP): EEP stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ross Group Plc (RGP): RGP stock is down 1.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ferrellgas Partners L.P. (FGP): FGP stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Tesoro Logistics LP Common Unit (TLLP): TLLP stock is down 0.8% today.
- Statoil ASA (STO): STO stock is down 1.1%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Ev Energy Partners L.P. (EVEP): EVEP stock is down 1.1% today.
- Holly Energy Partners L.P. (HEP): HEP stock is down 2.1% today.
- Memorial Production Partners LP (MEMP): MEMP stock is down 0.9% today.
- Martin Midstream Partners L.P. (MMLP): MMLP stock is down 0.8% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.