Financial stocks rose broadly on Wall Street on Thursday morning, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 0.3%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.1% higher, the Nasdaq rose 0.1% and the S&P 500 was up 0.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- First Citizens Bancshares (FCNCA): FCNCA stock is up 0.3% today.
- Global Payments Inc (GPN): GPN stock is up 4.3% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is up 3.2% today.
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is up 2.8% today.
- Enstar Group Limited (ESGR): ESGR stock is up 2.7% today.
- CME Group Inc (CME): CME stock is up 1.8% today.
- Intercontinental Exchange (ICE): ICE stock is up 1.7% today.
- MSCI Inc (MSCI): MSCI stock is up 1.9% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is up 2.0% today and up 22.1% in the last month.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 4.4% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 5.0%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 4.5% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is down 2.2% today.
- Banco Bilbao Viscaya Argentaria S.A. (BBVA): BBVA stock is down 1.8% today.
- Seventy Seven Energy Inc. (SSE): SSE stock is down 1.7% today.
- Mitsubishi Ufj Financial Group Inc (MTU): MTU stock is down 2.0%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Banco Santander Brasil Sa (BSBR): BSBR stock is down 1.5% today.
- Barclays Plc (BCS): BCS stock is down 1.6% today.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETW): ETW stock is down 1.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.