Financial stocks finished down on Wall Street on Wednesday, down 1.9%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average was down 0.7%, the Nasdaq fell 0.6% and the S&P 500 declined 0.7%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 4.6%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is up 4.0% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is up 3.7% today and up 24.6% in the last month.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is up 3.6% today.
- Clearbridge Energy MLP Fund Inc (CEM): CEM stock is up 3.3% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Kcg Holdings Inc (KCG): KCG stock is up 3.1% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is up 2.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is up 2.4%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Mgic Investment Corp (MTG): MTG stock is up 2.2% today.
- Phh Corp (PHH): PHH stock is up 2.0% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Commerce Bancshares (CBSH): CBSH stock is down 4.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- PNC Bank (PNC): PNC stock is down 4.4% today on 4 times normal volume.
- First Financial Bankshares (FFIN): FFIN stock is down 4.4% today.
- Cullen/Frost Bankers (CFR): CFR stock is down 3.9% today.
- UMB Financial Corp (UMBF): UMBF stock is down 3.8% today.
- Bok Financial Corp (BOKF): BOKF stock is down 3.6% today.
- Lincoln National Corp (LNC): LNC stock is down 3.7% today on 2 times normal volume.
- BankUnited Inc. (BKU): BKU stock is down 3.7% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Reinsurance Group of America Inc (RGA): RGA stock is down 3.6% today on 3 times normal volume.
- BB&T Corp (BBT): BBT stock is down 3.5% today on 3 times normal volume.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.