Financial stocks finished down on Wall Street on Friday, down 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.1%, the Nasdaq fell 2.5% and the S&P 500 was down 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is up 1.3% today.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Rli Corp (RLI): RLI stock is up 1.1% today.
- Erie Indemnity Company (ERIE): ERIE stock is up 0.8% today.
- CME Group Inc (CME): CME stock is up 0.8% today.
- Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN): HMN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is up 0.7% today.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is up 0.6% today.
- Banco Latinoamericano De Comercio (BLX): BLX stock is up 0.6% today.
- Community Bank System (CBU): CBU stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 4.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is down 3.5% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 3.5% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 3.3% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is down 3.2% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 3.0% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is down 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETV): ETV stock is down 2.9% today.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Managed Diversified Equity (ETY): ETY stock is down 2.9% today.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is down 3.1% today.
For more information on the best stocks to buy right now, check out the latest commentary on InvestorPlace.com.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.