Financial stocks finished down on Wall Street on Friday, down 0.8%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 1.1%, the Nasdaq fell 2.5% and the S&P 500 was down 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Mercury General Corp (MCY): MCY stock is up 1.3% today.
- Radian Group Inc (RDN): RDN stock is up 1.1% today.
- Rli Corp (RLI): RLI stock is up 1.1% today.
- Erie Indemnity Company (ERIE): ERIE stock is up 0.8% today.
- CME Group Inc (CME): CME stock is up 0.8% today.
- Horace Mann Educators Corp (HMN): HMN stock is up 1.0% today.
- Fbl Financial Group (FFG): FFG stock is up 0.7% today.
- Argo Group International Holdings Ltd (AGII): AGII stock is up 0.6% today.
- Banco Latinoamericano De Comercio (BLX): BLX stock is up 0.6% today.
- Community Bank System (CBU): CBU stock is up 0.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- E*Trade Financial Corp (ETFC): ETFC stock is down 4.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Apollo Global Management Llc C (APO): APO stock is down 3.5% today.
- Envestnet Inc (ENV): ENV stock is down 3.5% today.
- Alliance Capital Management L.P. (AB): AB stock is down 3.3% today.
- Waddell & Reed Financial (WDR): WDR stock is down 3.2% today.
- Fortress Investment Group (FIG): FIG stock is down 3.0% today.
- The Charles Schwab Corp (SCHW): SCHW stock is down 3.1% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Eaton Vance Corp (ETV): ETV stock is down 2.9% today.
- Eaton Vance Tax-Managed Diversified Equity (ETY): ETY stock is down 2.9% today.
- Credicorp Ltd (BAP): BAP stock is down 3.1% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.