Financial stocks rose 0.2% on Wall Street so far on Friday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average declined 0.4%, the Nasdaq was down 1.0% and the S&P 500 fell 0.4%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- National Bank of Greece Sa (NBG): NBG stock is up 2.7% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is up 2.2% today.
- Evercore Partners Inc (EVR): EVR stock is up 2.2% today.
- Shinhan Financial Group Co Ltd (SHG): SHG stock is up 2.1% today.
- ING Group N.V. (ING): ING stock is up 1.9% today.
- Westamerica Bancorporation (WABC): WABC stock is up 1.5% today.
- Governor and Company of The Bank of Ireland (IRE): IRE stock is up 1.7% today.
- Chubb Corp (CB): CB stock is up 1.7% today.
- First Niagara Financial Group Inc (FNFG): FNFG stock is up 1.5% today.
- Cathay General Bancorp (CATY): CATY stock is up 1.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Itau Unibanco Banco Holding Sa (ITUB): ITUB stock is down 3.5% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 3.5% today.
- Banco Bradesco Sa (BBD): BBD stock is down 2.9% today.
- Texas Pacific Land Trust (TPL): TPL stock is down 2.6% today and down 21.5% in the last month.
- Tortoise MLP Fund (NTG): NTG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Sumitomo Mitsui Financial Group Inc (SMFG): SMFG stock is down 2.2% today.
- Bbva Banco Frances S.A. (BFR): BFR stock is down 2.2% today.
- Blackrock Enhanced Dividend Achievers (BDJ): BDJ stock is down 1.7% today.
- Manulife Financial Corp (MFC): MFC stock is down 1.5% today.
- Banco Macro S.A. (BMA): BMA stock is down 1.6% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.