Services stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street today, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.0%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.2%, the Nasdaq was up 1.3% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among services stocks include:
- Realogy Holdings Corp (RLGY): RLGY stock is up 7.3% today on 4 times normal volume.
- Dreamworks Animation Skg (DWA): DWA stock is up 5.4% today.
- Kar Auction Services Inc (KAR): KAR stock is up 4.3% today.
- Makemytrip Limited (MMYT): MMYT stock is up 3.8% today.
- Companhia Brasileira De Distribuicao (CBD): CBD stock is up 3.7% today.
- Level 3 Communications (LVLT): LVLT stock is up 3.5% today.
- Manpower Inc (MAN): MAN stock is up 3.3% today.
- Brookfield Residential Propert (BRP): BRP stock is up 3.3% today.
- Home Inns & Hotels Management Inc (HMIN): HMIN stock is up 3.2% today.
- Clean Harbors (CLH): CLH stock is up 3.1% today.
Some of the biggest losers among services stocks include:
- Hertz Global Holdings Inc (HTZ): HTZ stock is down 3.1% today and down 23.2% in the last month.
- Lululemon Athletica Inc (LULU): LULU stock is down 2.9% today.
- Avis Budget Group (CAR): CAR stock is down 2.9% today and down 22.1% in the last month.
- Carter’s Inc (CRI): CRI stock is down 2.4% today.
- Weis Markets (WMK): WMK stock is down 2.2% today.
- Crown Media Holdings (CRWN): CRWN stock is down 2.2% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Restoration Hardware Holdings (RH): RH stock is down 2.2% today.
- Gap Inc (GPS): GPS stock is down 2.0% today.
- The Children’s Place Retail Stores (PLCE): PLCE stock is down 2.0% today.
- Tiffany & Co. (TIF): TIF stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.