Technology stocks advanced 0.7% on Wall Street on Tuesday morning.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 0.5% higher, the Nasdaq climbed 0.8% and the S&P 500 was up 0.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among technology stocks include:
- Sanmina-Sci Corp (SANM): SANM stock is up 17.8% today and up 33.5% in the last month.
- Integrated Device Technology (IDTI): IDTI stock is up 14.0% today.
- Monolithic Power Systems (MPWR): MPWR stock is up 5.9% today.
- Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd (QIHU): QIHU stock is up 5.3% today.
- Alere Inc (ALR): ALR stock is up 4.8% today.
- Cray Inc (CRAY): CRAY stock is up 4.2% today.
- Au Optronics Corp (AUO): AUO stock is up 3.9% today.
- Microstrategy Inc (MSTR): MSTR stock is up 4.4% today.
- Sunedison Inc (SUNE): SUNE stock is up 3.7% today.
- Workday Inc (WDAY): WDAY stock is up 3.6%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
Some of the biggest losers among technology stocks include:
- Amkor Technology (AMKR): AMKR stock is down 16.6% today and down 29.8% in the last month.
- Medidata Solutions (MDSO): MDSO stock is down 9.7% today.
- Advent Software (ADVS): ADVS stock is down 8.9% today.
- Cognex Corp (CGNX): CGNX stock is down 6.2% today.
- Commvault Systems (CVLT): CVLT stock is down 5.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Gamestop Corp (GME): GME stock is down 4.2% today.
- Siliconware Precision Industries Company Ltd (SPIL): SPIL stock is down 3.5% today.
- Vishay Intertechnology (VSH): VSH stock is down 2.7% today.
- Aixtron Se (AIXG): AIXG stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Canon Inc (CAJ): CAJ stock is down 1.8%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.