Utilities stocks rose 0.4% on Wall Street so far on Thursday.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average increased 0.9%, the Nasdaq pushed 0.9% higher and the S&P 500 was up 0.9%.
Some of the biggest gainers among utilities stocks include:
- Markwest Energy Partners LP (MWE): MWE stock is up 3.1% today.
- Targa Resources (TRGP): TRGP stock is up 2.2% today.
- Kinder Morgan (KMI): KMI stock is up 2.1% today.
- Enbridge Inc (ENB): ENB stock is up 2.0% today.
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners L.P. (KMP): KMP stock is up 1.8% today.
- El Paso Pipeline Partners LP (EPB): EPB stock is up 1.7% today.
- Dcp Midstream Partners LP (DPM): DPM stock is up 1.9% today.
- Atlas Energy Llc (ATLS): ATLS stock is up 1.4% today.
- Spectra Energy Corp (SE): SE stock is up 1.4% today.
- Trident Performance Group (TCP): TCP stock is up 1.5% today.
Some of the biggest losers among utilities stocks include:
- Korea Electric Power Corp (KEP): KEP stock is down 4.1% today.
- Cpfl Energia S.A. (CPL): CPL stock is down 3.9%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Centrais Elc Braz Pfb B Elbras (EBR): EBR stock is down 3.7% today and down 20.7% in the last month.
- Companhia Paranaense De Energia (ELP): ELP stock is down 2.9% today.
- Cia De Saneamento Basico Do Estado (SBS): SBS stock is down 2.7%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Comp En De Mn Cemig Ads (CIG): CIG stock is down 1.5% today.
- Energy Transfer Equity LP (ETE): ETE stock is down 0.4% today.
- American Electric Power Company (AEP): AEP stock is down 0.4% today.
- Exterran Partners L.P. (EXLP): EXLP stock is down 0.2% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.