Basic materials stocks finished flat on Thursday on Wall Street.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average rose 1.2%, the Nasdaq increased 1.5% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.2%.
Some of the biggest gainers among basic materials stocks include:
- Pan American Silver (PAAS): PAAS stock is up 4.4% today.
- Fibria Celulose S.A. (FBR): FBR stock is up 4.0%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Gerdau S.A. (GGB): GGB stock is up 3.8% today on 3 times normal volume.
- Ferro Corp (FOE): FOE stock is up 3.1% today.
- Copene-Petroquimica Do Nordeste (BAK): BAK stock is up 3.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Mueller Industries (MLI): MLI stock is up 2.9% today.
- Albany International Corp (AIN): AIN stock is up 2.7% today.
- Grupo Simec S.A. De C.V. (SIM): SIM stock is up 2.7% today.
- Circor International (CIR): CIR stock is up 2.6% today.
- Leucadia National Corp (LUK): LUK stock is up 2.3% today.
Some of the biggest losers among basic materials stocks include:
- International Flavors & Fragrances (IFF): IFF stock is down 1.6% today.
- Mosaic Company (MOS): MOS stock is down 0.9% today.
- Olin Corp (OLN): OLN stock is down 0.8% today.
- Potash Corp. of Saskatchewan Inc (POT): POT stock is down 0.7% today.
- Monsanto Company (MON): MON stock is down 0.6% today.
- Rio Tinto Plc (RIO): RIO stock is down 0.6% today.
- Southern Peru Copper Corp (SCCO): SCCO stock is down 0.5% today.
- Steel Dynamics (STLD): STLD stock is down 0.5% today.
- FMC Corp (FMC): FMC stock is down 0.5% today.
- Ball Corp (BLL): BLL stock is down 0.4% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.