Financial stocks declined on Wall Street today, down 1.7%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average fell 1.5%, the Nasdaq declined 1.4% and the S&P 500 was down 1.5%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Enstar Group Limited (ESGR): ESGR stock is up 0.4% today.
- Chimera Investment Corp (CIM): CIM stock is up 0.3% today.
- American National Insurance (ANAT): ANAT stock is up 0.2% today.
- Banco De Chile (BCH): BCH stock is up 0.2% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 3.4% today.
- Bankrate Inc (RATE): RATE stock is down 3.2%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Metlife Inc (MET): MET stock is down 2.9% today.
- MSCI Inc (MSCI): MSCI stock is down 2.9%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Western Alliance Bancorporation (WAL): WAL stock is down 2.8% today.
- Cathay General Bancorp (CATY): CATY stock is down 2.8% today.
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is down 2.8%, marking the fifth consecutive day the stock has decreased.
- Lpl Investment Holdings Inc (LPLA): LPLA stock is down 2.8% today on 2 times normal volume.
- Ocwen Financial Corp (OCN): OCN stock is down 2.7% today.
- Gabelli Equity Trust (GAB): GAB stock is down 2.5% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.