Financial stocks finished up 0.4% on Wall Street today.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average stayed the same, the Nasdaq fell 1.1% and the S&P 500 remained flat.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- Grupo Financiero Galicia S.A. (GGAL): GGAL stock is up 3.0% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is up 2.3% today.
- Gamco Investors (GBL): GBL stock is up 2.3%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Greenhill & Co. Inc (GHL): GHL stock is up 2.0% today.
- Humana Inc (HUM): HUM stock is up 2.0% today.
- Janus Capital Group Inc (JNS): JNS stock is up 1.8% today and up 24.5% in the last month.
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is up 1.9% today.
- Onebeacon Insurance Group (OB): OB stock is up 1.9% today.
- United Bankshares (UBSI): UBSI stock is up 1.8% today.
- Marketaxess Holdings (MKTX): MKTX stock is up 1.9% today.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Nationstar Mortgage Holdngs I (NSM): NSM stock is down 3.4% today.
- Och-Ziff Capital Management (OZM): OZM stock is down 2.9% today.
- Fifth Street Finance Corp (FSC): FSC stock is down 2.8% today.
- Wisdomtree Invstmnts (WETF): WETF stock is down 2.5% today.
- Cohen & Steers Infrastructure Fund (UTF): UTF stock is down 2.3% today.
- Calamos Strategic Total Return Fund (CSQ): CSQ stock is down 2.0% today.
- Westpac Banking Corp (WBK): WBK stock is down 2.0% today.
- Credit Suisse Group (CS): CS stock is down 2.0% today.
- Hdfc Bank Limited (HDB): HDB stock is down 2.0% today.
- Interactive Brokers Group (IBKR): IBKR stock is down 2.0% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.