Financial stocks finished up broadly on Wall Street on Tuesday, with the sector seeing an overall increase of 1.1%.
More broadly, the Dow Jones Industrial Average pushed 1.1% higher, the Nasdaq rose 1.5% and the S&P 500 climbed 1.1%.
Some of the biggest gainers among financial stocks include:
- International Bancshares Corp (IBOC): IBOC stock is up 4.8% today.
- Molina Healthcare Inc (MOH): MOH stock is up 4.8% today.
- MB Financial Inc (MBFI): MBFI stock is up 4.5%, marking the third consecutive day the stock has increased.
- United Community Banks (UCBI): UCBI stock is up 4.5% today.
- Columbia Banking System (COLB): COLB stock is up 4.3% today.
- Hilltop Holdings Inc (HTH): HTH stock is up 4.3% today.
- Washington Federal (WAFD): WAFD stock is up 4.1% today.
- Financial Engines (FNGN): FNGN stock is up 4.1%, marking the fourth consecutive day the stock has increased.
- Enstar Group Limited (ESGR): ESGR stock is up 4.0% today.
- Amtrust Financial Services (AFSI): AFSI stock is up 4.0% today on 2 times normal volume.
Some of the biggest losers among financial stocks include:
- Tortoise Energy Infrastructure Corp (TYG): TYG stock is down 0.6% today.
- Validus Holdings (VR): VR stock is down 0.4% today.
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF): FNF stock is down 0.3% today.
And for more on the hot stocks moving most on Wall Street right now, check out our archive of daily market movers by sector here.
Editor’s Note: Returns for the fastest-moving stocks listed here are based on share prices 20 minutes prior to publication of this story.